Photography Camera: 5 Things to Consider When Planning to Purchase a Photography Camera

photography camera
Photography Camera | Nikon D3100
Up to now, I still have not decided what DSLR photography camera should I buy this year-- Nikon or Canon. I am still juggling my options here.

Here are the factors I am considering to help me decide what DSLR photography camera I should look for:

Price. Photography camera comes in different price range. Some are affordable while others are extremely expensive. The affordable deals are usually those that are at the lower end; while the expensive ones are usually designed for professional photographers. Apart from the photography camera, I should also be looking into the cost of purchasing the following items:

  1. Lenses
  2. Batteries
  3. Camera Bag. Thankfully, this usually comes free in every package. But I may need a spare photography camera bag when I am travelling.
  4. Filters
  5. Memory cards. Almost every model has a memory card. But, in terms of size, most of them are not enough.  
  6. Extended warranties. I think I would go for a photography camera that comes with an extended warranty.

Size. This is another factor I am considering when choosing the right photography camera. Even though I do not travel often, I prefer small and light models.

Purpose. My main purpose of purchasing a photography camera is for general photography. I can use it when travelling, capturing different types of objects and so on.

Resolution. According to photography camera experts, more megapixels are not always best. Higher megapixels are good if you want to print big pictures. However, if the camera is only used to print small sizes, MP is not that crucial.

Other features. I am also considering the following features:


  1. Burst mode. I need this in case I will have a sports or action photography session. This allows me to shoot multiple images quickly by simply pushing the shutter release.
  2. LCD Size
  3. Anti-shake. This is another attractive photography camera feature that I am looking forward to.
  4. Flash. Good thing is that entry-level DSLR photography cameras have built in flash.
  5. Connectivity
  6. Dust protection. Lower end DSLRs have this type of feature.

Other topics of interest:
Wanted: Shih Tzu Breeders in Davao City
2010 Fifa World Cup Souvenirs and Gift Items
Marc Jacobs for Kids
Skinny Jeans for Men
Christmas Party Themes and Attire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram