Why Blind People Wear Dark Glasses?

I was walking down the street of Ponciano when I came across a blind person wearing dark glasses while begging for alms. 
spring.org.uk


My first thought was, if he was blind, why did he wear dark glasses?

To answer my bewildering question, I conducted a research and found two answers: cosmetic and non-cosmetic.

The majority of the visually impaired individuals are highly sensitive to light. As a result, they need to wear dark glasses to lessen the amount of light entering the retina.

Other topics of interest:
Hoffman Appliances at NCCC Mall a Fraud?  
Cheapest Dishwasher
Waterproof Dog Beds
Addicted to Google Sketchup: My New Pastime
Moneybookers: Is it Better than PayPal?

1 comment:

  1. I always thought it was cosmetic, as their eyes often don't look "normal".

    I follow you on ExposeYourBlog.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram