You cannot control your Internet speed but there are things that you can do to avoid experiencing sluggish connection. Follow these tips and you will no longer have to be annoyed with your ISP.
- Make sure that your wireless network is protected. This means that it must be protected through the use of password that is difficult to hack. If you do not properly secure it, your neighbors could also use your connection without your authorization. Keep in mind that your Internet speed will be greatly affected if there are many computers connecting to it. In order to avoid it, you must must sure that your connection is secured so that no can access it except you and the members of your household.
- Install a new antenna for your router. Apart from securing your wireless network, it is also helpful to replace your router's antenna and install a stronger one. Choose a high-gain antenna to focus signal in one direction. This can greatly improve your Internet connection.
- Delete cookies and browsing history. Temporary Internet files, browsing history and cookies can ruin the speed of your Internet. It is highly recommended that you delete these items on a regular basis. In this way, the connection is stronger and faster.
- Do not download files from sources that cannot be trusted. Viruses can cause slow down Internet speed. If you need to download anything, you must make sure that it comes from a trusted site. It is also advisable that you avoid storing too many files on your hard drive. You may use cloud computing to help you get rid of your files from your hard drive without actually deleting them permanently.
- Reset your router. This tip may also work. To do this, you just hold the "reset" button of your router for 30 seconds. Reboot it and check the speed.
Internet Speed: 4 Simple Tips to Speed Up Your Connection
The Unreliability of Globe Tattoo Mobile Broadband
A Review of PLDT myDSL
You Never Fail to Displease Me, Smartbro