Situated in the north western part of India, Rajasthan has become a popular tourist destination. It is a charming state surrounded with golden deserts and sand dunes. Its tourism boasts of its many heritage and attractions that can surely entice thousands of tourists from all over the world. In this state, you can visit many interesting tourist destinations, such as palaces, heritage spots, etc.
Here is a list of tourist destinations in Rajasthan that you do not want to miss.
It is known to the locals as Land of Lakes because of its beautiful lakes, forts and palaces. The state’s historical past is marvelously engraved in its eye catching monuments. It offers interesting attractions that are worth your time.
- Jaisamand Lake
- Fateh Sagar Lake
- Rajsamand Lake
- Jagdish Temple
- Maharana Pratap
These are just few of the attractions that you can visit while exploring Udaipur.
Another most visited city in Rajasthan is Jaipur, which is also known as Pink City of India. It is a famous tourist destination revered by international visitors. While you are in Jaipur, you can visit various interesting places, such as the following:
- City Palace
- Jal Mahal
- Vidyadhar’s Garden
- Hawa Mahal
- Amer Fort
This is also a great place to look for souvenirs that you can take back home. There are plenty of shopping centers that offer cheap souvenir items that suit your budget.
RAJASTHAN TOURISM PACKAGES
- It is one of the tourism packages of the state that lets you familiarize with more than 550 species of birds. The Keoladeo National Park alone has more than 400 species of birds. In fact, it has been recognized as a world heritage site by UNESCO. The best season for bird watching is at the start of winter where its lakes and marshlands are occupied by resident birds and migratory birds.
- When bird watching, it is a must that you bring a binocular to truly appreciate the attractive birds, especially those flamingos that you see in the salt-water lakes of Pachpadra.
This is probably the most exotic adventure you can ever have in your life. In this tour, you get to see the state’s unique culture and tradition while riding on the camel’s back. During this tour, you can see the state’s wonderful waterfalls, sand dunes and witness folk music and traditional dresses, among others.
- The lakes of this state are used for water sports. In fact, rowing competitions were held here at Ramgarh lake during the 1982 Asian games. This lake is made by man that has a measurement of 4 kilometers in length and 2 kilometers in width.
- Rajasthan tourism allows water sports to be held here throughout the year making it a great venue for swimming, boating, and others.
Although Rajasthan tourism makes sure that each tourist enjoys his/her stay here, there are pieces of advice that you must heed from people who already made their visit in this wonderful state.
TIPS TO MAKE YOUR TRAVEL A MEMORABLE ONE
LOCK YOUR ROOM
You must always lock your hotel room each time you go out for sightseeing or shopping. You should not let someone in to your room just to have a chat with you, unless you know the person very well.
VISIT DURING COLDER MONTHS
This is especially true if you cannot afford to stay in a hotel with air-conditioned room. It can be an exhausting trip for you.
OBTAIN VACCINATIONS FOR YELLOW FEVER
This is important especially if you have been infected or come from a place where yellow fever is endemic.
GET TRAVEL INSURANCE
This is to cover theft, loss or illness while traveling to this state.
BEST TRAVEL DEALS TO EXPERIENCE THE BEST OF RAJASTHAN TOURISM
Travel deals for Rajasthan can start from 3,999 Rupees to 7,999 Rupees. Each travel deal includes accommodation, sightseeing tour using a private car, and transport taxes.
- Abu Dhabi Tourism Offers Several Tourist Destinations – Want To Ride In The World’s Fastest Roller Coaster?
- Types Of Travel Insurance South Africa That You Can Obtain
- Mountains: 14 Highest Mountains In The World
- The Everest: 4 Must-Have Things That You Need In Your Kit
- Olympics 2012: 8 Essential Details You Should Know When Planning To Visit And Watch Olympic GamesTHE AUTHOR
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Janey Danes started her career as a part-time article writer, editor and proofreader in 2008. She specializes in topics related to health, travel, technology, family, and spiritual life. Danes is a licensed medical technologist and she holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology.