Downtime Monday- Bone Scan


My mom and I accompanied my dad to the hospital for his "bone scan" to assess if the CA has metastasized.

In the Nuclear Medicine room, they've injected him a small amount of radioactive material and advised to come back after four hours. Some precaution though, "Be a meter away from children and pregnant women."

Okay, so to avoid "Mr. Boredom," we went out to eat. Well, since I was with them, my food was 20% off and free. (Can you guess why?)

After 4 hours of ennui, we headed back to the hospital for the procedure. The bone scan itself took about an hour… an hour of ennui. The place was so conducive for… sleeping that my mom couldn’t fight it and eventually, fell asleep. And her drowsiness was so infectious that I too was about to close my eyes when a doctor came in.

"Jane, it's good to see you. How are you?"

"Er, who are you again?" I asked myself.

"I'm doing okay, thank you for asking," I replied with my signature smile.

Good thing she didn’t stay long. Whew!

Yup, that's my problem. I have difficulty remembering names of people I haven't seen for years. But I know that I know her. (confusing, isn’t it?)

Thankfully, after an hour or so, my dad came out with redness in his eyes, an indication that he, too, fell asleep.
Since the result will be available after 24 hours (Argh!) and we were so tired… so tired that I could no longer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram