What About 9/11?

September 11, 2001

It was weeks after Aaliyah died and days after our board exam. My overall system was filled with anxiety for the upcoming result…couldn't sleep.

I went out of my room.

My sister was watching something…a movie? I thought.

But on CNN? As I focused on, I saw the plane/s intentionally crashed into the Twin Towers.

Too tired to think about it, went back to bed without knowing what it was all about, until the morning came.

From the Internet to TV news to the newspapers...

The U.S...one of the most powerful countries if not the most.

The U.S... that has the facilities...the machineries to prevent this but…

Maybe some of the passengers of the American Airlines Flight 11, United Airlines Flight 175, American Airlines Flight 77 and United Airlines Flight 93 had the chance to say goodbye to their families while they were onboard.

Others were unfortunate.

Then, the U.S. eventually declared a War on Terrorism and invaded Afghanistan.

Consequently, many nations tightened their security to fight against terrorism, though others failed.

Seven years later…I am still breathing and many of us are still haunted by the tragedy.

And we are still finding justice for the thousands of people who died.
Some of us, however, have short term memory and forgot all about what we’re fighting for.


What about 9/11?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still haunted by the memory because I witnessed the horror in people's faces.
    Read my post in my site about it and there I recalled how I felt that day when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram