Cheap Portable Computer: Netbook Or Notebook

HP Compaq Presario

I am planning to buy a portable computer after Apple exhibited tantrum a week ago that resulted in work delay. Because of my limited budget, I have to look for a cheap but reliable portable computer. My friend suggested going for a netbook since my main purpose is to have a backup machine in case something will happen to Apple.

However, netbooks are like Internet domains--the one I like is not available. For instance, I like the Asus Eee PC 1101HA but this model is not available here in Davao City. Then, I'm wishing for Lenovo S10-2 2Gb memory, but no computer shop has this type of spec.

Since the price of a faster netbook is somewhat closed to the price of a cheaper notebook, another friend suggested to go for a notebook instead of a 10-inch portable computer. As you can see, the Asus Eee Pc 1005HA with 2Gb memory and pre-installed Windows 7 starter costs PHP 24k+ (around $510). With that amount, I can already purchase an Intel Dual Core Compaq Presario or Emachines (product of Acer).

But then again, the specs of those notebooks are not to my liking.

Now, my friends with technical expertise advise me to just stretch my budget so I can purchase the kind of portable computer that I want.

If I would heed their advice, I might as well buy an Intel Pentium Dual Core HP Compaq notebook in a 12.1-inch display. It has a 3GB memory and a 320 GB hard disk at a price of PHP 32k+ (around $700) available at Silicon Valley and Digital Interface, NCCC Mall.

Or I'll just wait until my sister can buy a system unit so I could use my father's laptop, which is currently in her possession.

Truly, it is difficult to acquire expensive thing when you have limited resources. Sigh.

Photo from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/personalagain/2563736430/sizes/o/

Other topics of interest:

Review Of Windows 7: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Windows 7 According To Me
502 Google Server Error
Why They Are Successful With Adsense And Why I failed?—And Goodbye Michael Jackson
Urgent: iPHone 3G S Or Ericsson T68

PLDT myDSL—Where Is My Bill?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram