Microsoft Office may still be the leader in commercial office suites all around the world but the arrival of Google Docs has taken a great percentage of market share. Although it does not have the full functionality of the former, Google Docs is surely evolving into a robust online tool.
To get the most out of this tool, here are some tips provided by experts.
- Easy back-up. Cloud computing cannot be trusted all the time (what if your Internet connection is lost for a day?). Google Docs has a solution for this. You can keep hard copies of your online files and download them all to your hard drive. Just hit "Actions," choose "Download," and click "All Items."
- Drag and drop. Even though this tool is a cloud-based, you can use the power of drag and drop between your Google Docs account and your hard drive. However, this option only works using Chrome or Firefox.
- Insert links. It is easy to insert a hyperlink to your text document on Google Docs. You can press Ctrl (command) + K to make the highlighted text a hyperlink.
- Store all your files. Google Docs lets you save your important documents and any type of files. Whether you wan to store your favorite mp3 files or .jpg files, you can do so using this online tool. Simply put, you can use this cloud-based tool as a backup for all your files. And you can access them anywhere, anytime, as long as there is an Internet connection.
- Easy insertion of photos. You can insert a photo into your online document by simply dragging and dropping files from your hard drive into your doc. Or if you want to search for photos online, you can use the Google Image Search of Google Docs.
There are plenty more ways to maximize the tools of Google Docs. There are many more tips and tricks that you can use to get the most from this online tool.
Do you have any tricks and tips you want to share? Drop a comment or shoot me an email.