The department of tourism in India has been aggressive in promoting their tourist spots all over the country. And one of the most popular destinations in this country is Kerala. It is situated in the southern part of India that boasts of wide sandy beaches and lush green vegetation.
IS IT AS BUSY AS OTHER PARTS OF INDIA
- India is known to many as a busy, dusty country in Asia. However, Kerala is one of the parts of this country that you can go to unwind. When strolling around, you can rarely find people to sell you something. But the locals are more likely to say hello to you as you arrive.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER KERALA AS YOUR HOLIDAY DESTINATION
- The backwaters of Kerala connect lakes, canals and inlets. With this network of waters, you can paddle around during sunset or have a day cruise here. You can even stay on the water while in a floating cottage or in a lake resort. Snakeboat races are held here during August or January.
- Holiday beaches are common in Kerala. Its tourism offers idyllic beaches and rocky coves. You can head to Andaman Islands for quieter shores.
- Kerala tourism offers its tourists more than 15 wildlife and bird sanctuaries. These places allow you to appreciate those exotic birds, track the elusive tiger, watch gazelles or laugh with monkeys.
- This place also offers excellent hiking venues, if you do not want the coastal bustle.
TIPS TO OPTIMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY IN KERALA
When touring around Kerala, there are tips that you can follow to help you optimize your stay in this place:
VISIT THERE WITH LESS LUGGAGE
- Almost everything that you need can be purchased locally.
ENJOY ITS DELICACIES
- Kerala tourism encourages tourists to try its delicacies. However, its department of tourism does not encourage its visitors to eat from those untidy stalls that you can find on the side of the road. If you need to drink water, you must only drink from a packaged drinking water or purchase a mineral water.
USE LOOSE FITTING CLOTHES
- Kerala is situated in a tropical place. Therefore, it is advisable that you opt for loose clothes. You should also bring sunglasses and apply sun block lotions each time you go out.
FOLLOW RULES WHEN VISITING TEMPLES
- Not all temples in Kerala allow visitors to enter. This is especially true if they are foreigners or non-Hindus. Hindu men are only allowed to enter when they are bare-chested and wearing dhoti.
- If you are allowed to enter the temples, you must remove your footwear before entering.
MAKE RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE
- Because the Kerala tourism has been aggressive in promoting its place, you can expect that the number of tourists arriving in this place is increasing. Thus, it is highly recommended that you make your reservations in advance.
OBTAIN TRAVEL INSURANCE
- Kerala is a safe place. However, travel insurance is still necessary. You must obtain an insurance policy a few days before you book your flight to Kerala.
VISIT KERALA IN THE MONTHS OF OCTOBER TO MARCH
- These are the best months to visit this tranquil place. During these months, you can witness its festivities, thereby, allowing you to watch or participate in its performing and ritual arts performances.
IN GOING THERE
HOW TO GO TO KERALA FROM THE PHILIPPINES
- There are no direct flights from the Philippines to Kerala. However, you can take a direct flight from the Philippines to India. From India, you can take another flight to Kerala.
WHAT VACCINATIONS DO YOU NEED WHEN VISITING KERALA?
- The department of tourism in Kerala advises its tourists to have vaccinations for tetanus, polio and diphtheria. If you are planning to visit this place, you may also consider vaccinations against the viruses of rabies and Japanese B encephalitis.
- Abu Dhabi Tourism Offers Several Tourist Destinations – Want To Ride In The World’s Fastest Roller Coaster?
- Types Of Travel Insurance South Africa That You Can Obtain
- US Airways And Its Carry-On Rules
- Philippines: Our Lade Of Manaoag During Holy Week
- Go Travel: 5 Beautiful, Exciting Places In The US
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Janey Danes started her career as a part-time article writer, editor and proofreader in 2008. She specializes in topics related to health, travel, technology, family, and spiritual life. Janey is a licensed medical technologist and she holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology.