Medical tourism is not new in the Philippines. For many years, people have been visiting this country just to undergo a medical procedure or seek medical treatment. But, it was only recently that the country has been recognized as a healthcare destination. In those years, the Philippines has achieved medical breakthroughs allowing it to be one of the most advanced nations in Asia when it comes to the field of healthcare.
JCI AND ISO CERTIFIED
- All leading hospitals here in the Philippines are accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI). They are also certified by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). With that in mind, you can be sure that you are in good hands when visiting the Philippines for medical treatment.
COMPARABLE TO HOSPITALS IN THE US
- Leading hospitals in the Philippines are comparable to some of the hospitals in the US. They are better equipped making this another reason the country is well-known for its medical tourism. The healthcare cost in this country is just a fraction of the cost when seeking medical treatment in Europe. But you can get the same excellent healthcare as those hospitals in the UK, Germany, and other parts of Europe.
TRAVEL AND TREATMENT
- The Philippines is not only known for its medical tourism but it is also a popular destination for its beautiful beaches and other wonderful spots waiting to be explored. After your medical treatment, you can relax in seaside resorts, go island hopping or hiking through the country’s tropical rainforest.
- The country is a tropical paradise because of its warm climate and welcoming people. Thus, it is just ideal to travel here for a medical treatment and spend your holiday visiting various tourism spots in the country.
COST OF SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT
Take a look at the examples below:
- Rhytidectomy or facelift will cost you at least $10,000 in the US. But if the procedure is done in the Philippines, you will only have to pay approximately $1,000.
- This procedure can cost more than $120,000 in the US. However, hospitals in the Philippines will only charge you $9,000 (or less) for the same procedure.
With the examples above, you can really expect to obtain great savings for most medical procedures as compared with the costs charged by US hospitals.
- Another reason you must consider the medical tourism in this country is the fact that almost all Filipinos living in the Philippines can speak the English language. It is widely spoken in the country. It is used in business and education.
- Because of that, you do not have to worry about communicating or transacting with Filipinos while staying in the beautiful islands of the Philippines.
- Filipino food is a combination of Western and Eastern cuisines. Almost all restaurants and hotels are serving Japanese, Korean, Continental, Spanish, American, Indian and Chinese food.
So, if you want an ideal location to help you rest and relax while undergoing treatment, you should consider the medical tourism in the Philippines. The beautiful islands of the Philippines can offer a stress-free break to regain your health.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Janey Danes started her career as a part-time article writer, editor and proofreader in 2008. She specializes in topics related to health, travel, technology, family, and spiritual life. Danes is a licensed medical technologist and she holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology.